Gallbladder Disease in Little Rock, AR
Ready to Consult a GI Physician?Find a Provider
What is gallbladder disease?
The gallbladder is an organ in the body that holds and releases bile to facilitate the digestive process. The term gallbladder disease is used to describe a variety of issues and disorders that affect the gallbladder negatively. These include:
- Sclerosing cholangitis: Persistent damage and inflammation to the bile duct system that causes scar tissue to form.
- Choledocholithiasis: A condition where a gallstone becomes lodged in the exit way of the gallbladder. If this occurs, the gallbladder could become inflamed.
- Cholecystitis: An inflammation of the gallbladder frequently the result of gallstones. In time, the gallbladder can shrink and lose its capability to secrete bile.
- Acalculous gallbladder disease: When the gallbladder becomes inflamed in the absence of gallstones.
- Gallstones: Solid stone-like particles that can block the path to the gallbladder and bile ducts.
- Biliary dyskinesia: Lower than normal gallbladder function
If you have a gallbladder concern such as any of those listed above, you should have a skilled GI provider guide you through the treatment process. At GastroArkansas, our experts can offer the guidance you seek. To receive care for gallbladder disease in Little Rock, AR please connect with our team today to request a consultation.
What are the causes of gallbladder disease?
Several gallbladder concerns arise from the formation of gallstones, which develop when cholesterol and other kinds of substances located in liver bile clot and form hard stone-like pieces. You also might have tumors that hinder the bile from draining properly, blood vessel concerns, or infection. Whatever the source of gallbladder disease, you can locate expert treatment at a GastroArkansas location in your community. We can assess your gallbladder problem and help you identify the best option for care.
What are common symptoms of gallbladder disease?
Symptoms of gallbladder disease may include:
- Pain that spreads to the right shoulder or back
- Tenderness in the abdomen
- Throwing up
- Significant abdominal pain, particularly in the upper right or center portion of the abdomen
Should you have any of these distressing GI symptoms, consult a GastroArkansas gastroenterologist today to request a consultation.
How is gallbladder disease treated?
The best way to reduce the risk of developing gallstones is to maintain an ideal weight, lose weight slowly if necessary, and maintain healthy habits. Some gallbladder diseases can be diagnosed by a simple ultrasound. In some cases, your provider may recommend additional imaging like a computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan. If treatment for gallbladder disease is necessary, options may include:
- Removal of the gallbladder (cholecystectomy)
- Pain medications
- Medications to help dissolve gallstones
- Fasting for a certain period (to allow your inflamed gallbladder to rest and decrease inflammation)
If you or a family member need treatment for gallbladder disease in Little Rock, AR, consult our providers to understand your options.
Cutting-edge treatment for gallbladder disease
Gallbladder issues, including gallstones, cholecystitis, and biliary dyskinesia, can be diagnosed and treated by a GI provider with GastroArkansas. If you notice troubling symptoms related to your gastrointestinal health, then it is essential for you to contact a gastroenterology provider in your community without delay to be examined for issues such as gallbladder disease. As a physician-led network of gastroenterology specialists, our practice is equipped with modern, innovative treatment options for individuals suffering from gallbladder disease. To locate a board-certified gastroenterologist who offers care for gallbladder disease in Little Rock, AR please call a location in your community today.
I did not have to wait long. The intern asked a series of questions to try to help find the possibilities and to determine a course of diagnostics and treatment. The were kind and courteous. No issues at all.
Dr Robertson and his staff was very professional and helpful. So glad I went to GastroArkansas in Conway.
Dr. Jaymie Pennington is an awesome physician and very professional as well as his staff. After my procedure he explained everything to me and he seems to genuinely care about my health. Nurses and staff are always pleasant and I would recommend him for all your gastro intestinal needs.
Dr. Robertson was extremely pleasant, knowledgeable and patient regarding my upcoming treatment. I would not hesitate to refer him to friends and family.
My daughter (17) has had chronic nausea and vomiting on and off for three years. Dr. Backstedt is the second GI doctor she has seen. Dr. Backstedt has been phenomenal! My daughter finally has a diagnosis and is now on the road to managing it.